Recipe from My Saffron Kitchen
For the Cupcakes:
All Purpose Flour - 150 gm
Powdered Sugar - 150 gm
Unsalted Butter, softened - 175 gm
Eggs, lightly beaten - 3, large
Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp.
For the Buttercream Frosting:
Unsalted Butter, softened - 200 gm
Icing Sugar - 400 gm
Milk - 2 tbsp.
Rose Pink Colour - 2 drops
Edible silver balls for decoration
To make the cupcakes:
To make buttercream frosting:
- Preheat your oven to 180° C.
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Keep aside.
- Beat softened butter and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer till it's smooth and creamy.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, one at a time. Beat for about 15 seconds after each addition.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder mix. Mix well.
- Fill 12 muffin tins and bake for 18-20 (or until a toothpick comes out clean) minutes at 180° C.
- Remove from oven and let the cupcakes cool.
To finish the cupcakes:
- Beat softened butter till light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar, a little at a time. Mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp. milk and food colour. Mix well.
- Use a spatula to fill a piping bag fitted with a large sized star nozzle.
- Use you imaginations to cover and decorate the top of the cupcakes. Sprinkle some edible silver balls on top for some more decoration and serve.