The First Year High School Science course is an integrated science course incorporating various topics: Matter, Changes in Matter, Nuclear Reactions, The Formation of the Universe, Scientific Process, Measurements, Motion, Newton's Laws of Motion, Work-Power-Energy, Heat and Temperature.
Nanotechnology can be incorporated during various topics throughout the year.
- Matter: size verses properties
- The size of atoms
- Atoms can be "seen"
- Nuclear Reactions: Social issues with technology
- Forces found within atoms
- Fission vs. Fusion
- Formation of the Universe: Nano sunscreen products
- Scientific Process: linking science and technology together: Nanotechnology: the technology of the 21st century
- Measurements: Nano units
- Motion and Newton's laws: Gravitational forces vs. Electromagnetic forces at the nanoscale
- Heat and Temperature
- Nano-particles can have different behaviors when heated.