TEMPLE EMANU-EL – the largest Jewish congregation in the New York City -- dates back to 1845. It first home was on the Lower East Side (at Grand & Clinton Streets), then on Fifth Avenue & 43rd Street in 1868 and finally in 1927 at its current location at the corner of Fifth Avenue & 65th Street – across from Central Park (notice the reflection of the park’s trees in the front windows). The temple was founded by Jews who came to America from Germany and Austria.
Photo 1: Temple Emanu-El entrance on Fifth Avenue
Photo 2: Rose window at Temple Emanu-El
Photo 3: Stonework on exterior of the Temple.