- Tomatoes - 5, roughly cubed
- Carrot - 1, peeled
- Onion - 1 medium , peeled & chopped roughly
- Salt - 1-2 teaspoons , or as per taste
- Pepper - As required, optional
- Butter - 1 teaspoon, optional
- Water - 1 cup - 200 ml
- Wash the vegetables & cut them roughly.
- In a pressure cooker add tomatoes, carrot & onion
- Add the water. (enough to just cover the vegetables/fruit)
- Pressure Cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Alternatively, add
the tomatoes, carrot & onion to a deep bottomed pan along with the
water & boil fpr around 5-10 minutes (until they are soft)
- Remove the excess water. Let it cool down a bit
- Add to a blender/food processor & grind till you get a smooth paste.
- Run the mixture through a sieve. Usually, only the tomato seeds remain.
- If the soup is too watery, add a little bit of cornflour & boil. If not, just boil the soup for a minute or two.
- Add salt & pepper & mix well.
- Before serving add croutons