- Plain flour - 200 gm (1 cup)
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Milk powder - 100 grams
Powdered sugar - 150 gm, 3/4 cup
Butter - 6 tablespoons, around 90 grams
Strawberries, sliced - 1 cup
Milk - 1 1/2 cup or 250 ml
Vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon
A few drops of lemon juice plus 2 teaspoon sugar for the strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/325F
- Chop strawberries, add lemon juice & sugar &
mix well. Keep aside until batter is ready. (or about half hour. This helps to bring out the flavor of
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and keep aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter & vanilla
extract with a wire whisk/hand blender for around 3 minutes
- Add the sugar & milk powder and beat until it is soft
- Add half the flour & half the milk. Mix well until smooth.
- Repeat the same with other half of milk & flour.
Beat well to form a smooth batter.
- Add the strawberries along with its juices and fold them in
- Line cupcake molds with cupcake liners or just cut out
small bits of parchment/butter paper and lay it on the molds
- Pour the batter equally in all the molds.
(Approximately upto half the mold)
- Bake at 160C/325F for 25-30 minutes or until the
toothpick comes out clean
- I cut each strawberry into 4 slits vertically & 1 slit horizontally > around 8 small chunks. Feel free to cut them into any size you like. But do note that when you have bigger chunks, there's a big gap in the cakes.
- Its important for butter to be at room temperature to cream it well while beating with sugar.
- REGARDING MILK POWDER – I also tried a batch
excluding the milk powder. Doesn’t taste the same, but the cake works without it too.
Just reduce the milk by about 50 ml
- You can also use blackberries, blueberries, grapes, raspberries etc.
- Make the same batter & pour it into a cake tin to get a whole cake
- Let the cake cool completely & frost it with any frosting of your choice