IngredientsSemolina / Suji / Rava – 1 cupGhee (Clarified) Butter – 1 cupSugar – 2 cupsWater – 3 cupsCashew nuts – 10Raisins -10Cardamom -3-4 powderedOrange color / Saffron Streaks –a pinchMethod -
- Dry roast semolina for a few seconds till it gets slightly heated. (Do not roast more than that)
- Heat a little ghee, fry cashew nuts, raisins and keep it aside.
- Add half a cup of Ghee, add semolina flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water
- Add 3 cups of boiling water to the semolina and mix well. KEEP STIRRING CONTINUOUSLY.
- Add a pinch of kesari powder / orange color / Saffron & mix well
- Soon, the water will start reducing and and a thick mixture is formed
- Simmer and cook for about _ minutes (Stirring frequently to avoid lumps)
- After the semolina mixture gets cooked, add sugar, cardamom and mix well till it dissolves. (You'll notice that once the sugar is added, the mixture becomes loose and easier to work with)
- Keep stirring for another 5-10 minutes to avoid lumps.
- Add the remaining ghee / clarified butter and mix everything well. Look for a solid yet smooth consistency.
- Add half the cashews and raisins & mix well.
- Garnish it with remaining cashew nuts, raisins and serve
Alternatives:Add a few pineapple pieces with the semolina in step 5 and cook both together to get a pineapple flavored Sheera.