- Bread Slices
- Butter - 2-3 tablespoons
- Sauce / Spread - your choice. (I used my Garlic Chutney)
- Mixed Herbs - as required (Oregano, thyme, chili flakes etc)
- Mozzarella Cheese - As much as you want! (Use any cheese. preferably, one that melts)
- Water - a few drops per bread
- Pre heat oven at 180C / 350F
- Remove the corners of the bread slices
- With your hands, sprinkle 2-3 drops of water on the slice and press well to ensure the entire slice is moist.
- Use a rolling pin & roll the bread nice & thin (this happens only when the bread is moist)
- Apply the butter and sauce/spread/chutney
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs on top of it.
- Grate some cheese on top
- Very gently, roll the bread like a cigar. The rolling is easier and
bread doesn't break when it is moist. So if you feel the bread is going
to tear apart while rolling, wet you fingers and press the bread.
- You can secure the roll with the help of a toothpick. I just sealed the end with a drop of water
- Arrange on a baking tray.
- Drizzle some melted butter and/or cheese on top
- Bake at preheated oven for 5 minutes on one side and another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with chips & your favorite dip.
> Everything in the recipe, except bread is optional an can be substituted! Experiment away.
> Its important not to add a lot of water to the bread or it gets sticky
> Oven timings/temperatures vary. Monitor your bread. Bake till cheese melts & both sides are crispy