Welcome to the collaborative starting page for this Sustainable Development Goal.
Agenda21, is the name for the plan of action making sure humanity will make it beyond the year 2100. To make it beyond the year 2100, intermediate goals have been set out. Every 10 years, since 1972, the best of the best humanity can bring forward, gather in the "Earth Summits" to make up an intermediate status, to adjust Agenda 21 and set-out new goals.
- The 8 Millennium Development Goals, set out in 2000 and to be achieved by end 2015
- The 17 Sustainable Development Goals, set out end 2015 and some to be achieved by 2020, some by 2030.
- Official page: http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/?menu=1300
- History: the Sustainable Development Goals build upon Agenda 21 - the plan of action to foster collaboration so Humanity will make it beyond the year 2100 and the 2000-2015 "8 Millennium Development Goals".
Sustainable Development Goals and targets
- Goal 11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- 11.1 by 2030, ensure access for all to adequate, safe and affordable housing and basic services, and upgrade slums
- 11.2 by 2030, provide access to safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable transport systems for all, improving road safety, notably by expanding public transport, with special attention to the needs of those in vulnerable situations, women, children, persons with disabilities and older persons
- 11.3 by 2030 enhance inclusive and sustainable urbanization and capacities for participatory, integrated and sustainable human settlement planning and management in all countries
- 11.4 strengthen efforts to protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage
- 11.5 by 2030 significantly reduce the number of deaths and the number of affected people and decrease by y% the economic losses relative to GDP caused by disasters, including water-related disasters, with the focus on protecting the poor and people in vulnerable situations
- 11.6 by 2030, reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality, municipal and other waste management
- 11.7 by 2030, provide universal access to safe, inclusive and accessible, green and public spaces, particularly for women and children, older persons and persons with disabilities
- 11.a support positive economic, social and environmental links between urban, peri-urban and rural areas by strengthening national and regional development planning
- 11.b by 2020, increase by x% the number of cities and human settlements adopting and implementing integrated policies and plans towards inclusion, resource efficiency, mitigation and adaptation to climate change, resilience to disasters, develop and implement in line with the forthcoming Hyogo Framework holistic disaster risk management at all levels
- 11.c support least developed countries, including through financial and technical assistance, for sustainable and resilient buildings utilizing local materials
Earth Summits". To make sure we don't run in one or the other "wall" by 2100, leaders have set out some goals, to be achieved to stay on target to survive as a humanity and make it beyond the year 2100. Such goals were for the first time set out by our world leaders around the year 2000 and hence called the Millennium Development Goals, to be achieved by end 2015. These MDG's - are 8 goals, put forward in collaboration with and by the United Nations when Humanity was approaching the year 2000 and are - just like companies have short-mid and long-term goals - goals for Humanity to reach by 2015. Set-out as a beacon and time-line for all actors and individuals in Humanity to align towards.
The Millennium Development Goals came out of and make part of the larger and earlier started Plan of Action called "Agenda 21" to help align all Plan of Actions of all actors and individuals in Humanity to help Humanity make it beyond the year 2100.
Are you coming in from here, these MDG's? Then this is your place ... have fun & team up !
Where do you want to start-working from:
- GOAL 1: ERADICATE EXTREME POVERTY & HUNGER
- GOAL 2: ACHIEVE UNIVERSAL PRIMARY EDUCATION
- GOAL 3: PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY AND EMPOWER WOMEN
- GOAL 4: REDUCE CHILD MORTALITY
- GOAL 5: IMPROVE MATERNAL HEALTH
- GOAL 6: COMBAT HIV/AIDS, MALARIA AND OTHER DISEASES
- GOAL 7: ENSURE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
- GOAL 8: DEVELOP A GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP FOR DEVELOPMENT
Want/Need to work on one or more Linking Initiatives with other section(s).
Please, use this page as your kick-start page, which the UN Millennium site pages doesn't give. Sign-in with your google account and some buttons will appear "Add Page/ Edit Page / Save Page".
As we're approaching the finish and evaluation date for the 2000-2015 (december) for the Millennium Development Goals, there are teams who are already thinking strategically about the post 2015. They've already come up with a name: The post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals. We've created a dedicated starting page for this and If you want to collaborate on this, here it is: The post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals
- The post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals
- The 15 Global Challenges framework: 15 identified challenges that each have the capacity to bring humanity to its knees but that will all disappear when we all implement the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals in our strategic plans.
- Supporting Agenda21 through Alternative Currencies / How to channel the necessary ressources to these goals