Welcome to the collaborative starting page for this topic!
Agenda21, is a plan of action developed by the best our humanity has to offer, brought forward by also your community. Every 10 years they come together in the "Earth Summits", to review the plan, see if other priorities have emerged, if the plan has to be adapted. In Agenda21, they identify humanities challenges, and then present a plan of action, making sure humanity will make it beyond the year 2100, hence the name Agenda21.
These action plans get names, e.g.:
- The Millennium Development Goals, set out in 2000 and to be achieved by end 2015
- The Sustainable Development Goals, set out end 2015 and some to be achieved by 2020, some by 2030.
- Official page: www.globalgoals.org http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/?menu=1300
- History: the Sustainable Development Goals build upon Agenda 21 - the plan of action to foster collaboration so Humanity will make it beyond the year 2100 and the 200-2015 "8 Millennium Development Goals".
Have a fruitful collaboration on these pages. Just login and start editing / adding pages.
Earth Summits", a.o. resulted in "The Millennium Development Goals" in the working group where Ministers, Presidents and other Leaders were working. These MDG's - are 8 goals, put forward in collaboration with and by the United Nations when Humanity was approaching the year 2000 and are - just like companies have short-mid and long-term goals - goals for Humanity to reach by 2015. Set-out as a beacon and time-line for all actors and individuals in Humanity to align towards. Or to put it less mildly: if we don't reach these objectives, a large % of our fellow humans are going to have died by 2100, and the remaining will have to try to survive with a fraction of biodiversity, ressources, etc. in a world that we will hardly recognise.
The Millennium Development Goals came out of and make part of the larger and earlier started Plan of Action called "Agenda 21" to help align all Plan of Actions of all actors and individuals in Humanity to help Humanity make it beyond the year 2100.
Are you coming in from here, these MDG's? Then this is your place ... have fun & team up !
Where do you want to start-working from:
- GOAL 1: ERADICATE EXTREME POVERTY & HUNGER
- GOAL 2: ACHIEVE UNIVERSAL PRIMARY EDUCATION
- GOAL 3: PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY AND EMPOWER WOMEN
- GOAL 4: REDUCE CHILD MORTALITY
- GOAL 5: IMPROVE MATERNAL HEALTH
- GOAL 6: COMBAT HIV/AIDS, MALARIA AND OTHER DISEASES
- GOAL 7: ENSURE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
- GOAL 8: DEVELOP A GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP FOR DEVELOPMENT
Want/Need to work on one or more Linking Initiatives with other section(s).
Please, use this page as your kick-start page, which the UN Millennium site pages doesn't give. Sign-in with your google account and some buttons will appear "Add Page/ Edit Page / Save Page".
As we're approaching the finish and evaluation date for the 2000-2015 (december) for the Millennium Development Goals, there are teams who are already thinking strategically about the post 2015. They've already come up with a name: The post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals. We've created a dedicated starting page for this and If you want to collaborate on this, here it is: The post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals
- The post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals
- The 15 Global Challenges framework: 15 identified challenges that each have the capacity to bring humanity to its knees but that will all disappear when we all implement the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals in our strategic plans.
- Art and Sustainability - Culture 21
- There's many events, conferences, fairs, on the topic of sustainability, MDG's, SDG's. All these events need visual ankers that allow the press, the TV crews, the photographers to support their broadcasts. Visual ankers that in images, speak thousands of words, that capture the spirit of the venture. Check out / Add if you're one of the best.
- Supporting Agenda21 through Alternative Currencies / How to channel the necessary ressources to these goals