Rules about Chromebooks
How to Write an Email:
Afterwards complete the following:
1. send Mr. Fortin a test email email@example.com this email should be properly formatted, and I want you to tell me about how your summer went. Use complete sentences, and really tell me a story, I want to know more about you all!
2. Create a folder for each class
3. Personalize your emails that you send
4. Look at other things you can do on the settings tab
Google Docs activity:
1. Create a google doc and title it Enrichment
2. Share it with Mr. Fortin
3. Click on add on's and add the following (you have to do them each individually)
a. Charts, b. Maps c. Easy Bib
4. Use easy charts to make a charts and graph using the following data:
You have to open a spreadsheet first and enter the the data from one of the 2 charts into the spread sheet Be Sure to include the titles!!! Then import the spread sheet into Charts in your word doc.
This is a link to useable data.
5. Find at least 3 other add ons for documents and install and try - be prepared to share at least 1 or 2 of the best ones with the class
6. Click on Insert Drawing and practice using the drawing program. Draw simple shapes and insert them, Draw a design of a Hot air balloon and insert it,
7. Do one other drawing of your choice and insert it.
Create a Google presentation on how to play a sport or how to do a hobby that interests you or some other appropriate topic that interests you. It must include the following -
1. at least 6 slides,
2. 3-4 pictures of the topic,
3. at least 1 youtube video of the topic.
4. A description of your topic explaining how it works (could be with the pictures) etc. 5. In the presentation include the following: a. title slide, b. animations on all your slides, c. transitions from one slide to next,
d. different backgrounds on each slide,
e. a word art (under insert) can also go to cooltext.com and make word art
f. any other interesting things you can find in presentation. - these will be shown to the class next week so make them good and share them with me when you are finished.
Share what you have found for apps and then we will look at cell phone apps that might be useful.
Cell Phone activities:
If you don't have a cell phone, you can set up both of these on a computer right now and maybe use it when you get a cell phone
1. Download google drive and google docs on your phone
Google Presentation activity:
Google presentation tutorial video Link Click here:
Watch the video tutorial on creating a Google presentation.