Theatre Trip to see THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!
registration is now closed!
CHAPERONES: Mr. Stiles will be contacting to confirm your participation!
TRIP DATES & TIMES:
- Leave: Friday, October 25th @ 6:00 AM from flagpoles on Library side of school
- Return: Saturday, October 26th @ 5:00 AM at flagpoles on Library side of school
TRIP COST & DUE DATES:
- 1st Student Payment: $90 - Due by Friday, September 27th
- 2nd Student Payment: $90 - Due by Thursday, October 17th
- Chaperone Payment: $100 - One time payment due by Friday, September 27th
- Students can pay full amount at one time
- 5:30 AM -- Meet at Flagpoles on Northern side/Library side of school.
- No open or ‘sloppy’ food on the bus. Drinks must be in a closed container
- Parents can leave vehicles in the PLC parking lot away from the building
- 5:45 AM LOAD BUS (Chaperones first!)
- 6:00 AM -- Leave Musselman for NYC, stopping for bathroom & breakfast break along the way
- 11:00 AM* -- Arrive in NYC; drop off at the Majestic Theatre then we walk to Times Square
- 7:00 PM -- Meet back at the Majestic Theatre to see Show
- 8:00 PM -- See Show
- 11:00 PM* -- after show, meet outside stage doors to hopefully meet actors.
- 11:45 PM* -- load bus at theatre and head back to Musselman HS, Stopping along the way to use the bathroom and get snacks
- 4:45 AM* -- arrive at Musselman HS (wake up in Hagerstown & call parents)
* -- approximate times
STUFF YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Money for food, drinks, souvenirs and tours
- Pillow and small blanket for the bus.
- Cell phone and possibly a backup power source
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- You can leave stuff on the bus during the day. It will be locked up.
- Once we are dropped off, we will not see the bus again until that night.
- We will count-off to make certain we have everyone. This must be done correctly before the bus leaves.
- We will form groups on the bus as we travel to the city. Each group will have at least one chaperone.
- Everyone will need to stay with their group the entire day.
- Don’t overuse your phone! You may not have a chance to recharge it!
- A Remind 101 class has been set up for this trip. Text this message: “@mtdtrips” to the phone number: 81010
- Plan what you want to see with your friends before the day of the trip.
- Don’t wear jewelry or anything expensive looking that will make you a target.
- Put Mr. Stiles’ phone number into your phone in case of an emergency: 304-261-9866
- Don’t go anywhere alone.
- Try not to act/look like a tourist. You will see different and strange people and things. Take it in stride.
- Don’t buy anything on the street unless you know exactly what you are getting.
- Don’t keep all your money in one place on your person.
- Guys, keep wallets in your front pocket
- Ladies, take a practical bag that can go over your head and arm.
- If a place looks unsafe, don’t go there. Trust your instincts!
- STUDENT REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
- MR. STILES WILL CONFIRM REGISTRATION OF CHAPERONES BY CONTACTING THEM.
Make online payment below through Paypal or send your payment in with your student.