Musselman High School Theatre program
"Where the Community Comes Together!"
Welcome to the Theatre!
Musselman Theatre Inc. is a nonprofit booster organization that actively promotes the Musselman High School Theatre Program (MTD)
"The Boosters" assist the MTD through financial support, arts advocacy and educational opportunities.
"If we shadows have offended, Think but this, and all is mended,That you have but slumber'd here, While these visions did appear.And this weak and idle theme, No more yielding but a dream." -- Puck, Midsummer Night's Dream, Act V, Scene 1
Musselman Theatre Program 2020 Virtual Banquet
I know some students and parents have moved on at the end of the school year with graduation, but I wanted to say THANK YOU for all you've done for the theatre program at Musselman. What we do, could not happen without kind, understanding and evolved students and parents like you. THANK YOU!!! :-)
Onto the updates...
1. School Update: As far as I know, teachers go back on Aug. 24th, students go back Sept. 8th. This may change and the debate is still raging. At this time, I am planning for these dates to happen, but for all reading, writing, watching, and testing to be online even if we are in school. Interaction at the school will be in person, social distanced with masks. If we go to full online at any time during the school year, Interaction and adjudication will be through Zoom online.
2. Extracurricular Activities: Our first theatre events may not happen until December. But this may change as I get more info.
3. Thespian Festivals:
- Area Fest.
- Date: Feb 6 with a snow date of Feb 13
- Location: TBA (we will evaluate the status of things after Thanksgiving break to give the potential host school adequate time to prepare). We have done it the last 2 years, so I'm not up to doing it again, but we may have the only facility besides Spring Mills that can do it safely.
- Mode: Plan for a VIRTUAL festival with the POSSIBILITY of a live festival. Select shows that are quickly and easily adapted into digital recordings (a recording of a live stage production or a Zoom type performance) or a live, in person performance.
- Virtual Tech Projects: Tech project methodology books should be complete as digital power point productions. The power points should lead off with the first slide being a video slate with the student introducing his/herself, school, troupe and what category tech project. Power point methodology books should include a mixture of text, video and photos documenting the students work. Hopefully we can display the tech projects around town or with a QR code that people can look up and see the students work.
- State Fest.
- Date: March 18-19-20 2021
- Location: WVU
- Mode: TBA
As things progress I'll try to keep you all up to date. Please feel free to share this with everyone. It will also be posted on Facebook. More info on Booster Meetings and items will be coming as well.
Michael W. Stiles
Musselman High School Theatre Teacher/Director