Fundraising is an important part of Music Sponsors South's activities. All funds raised go to support South's Music Department programs. Examples of expenditures include:
- Subsidizing student activities such as the spring band trip. Recent trip locations include Washington, Boston, Toronto, Virginia Beach and Hershey. The band and chorus participate in competitions while on the trip.
- Items that may not be covered by the school band budget, such as the marching band score, competitions fees, and parade fees.
- Additions to school uniforms, such as gloves, berets, ear bands, color guard scrunchies or ribbons, and leadership lanyards.
- Thanks-you gifts to those that have gone out of their way to help, such as the custodians and music staff.
- Senior scholarships.
- Stipends for student leaders required to go to the week long West Chester University summer band camp (typically the drum majors and band president attend).
- Equipment or equipment repairs (instruments, tractor, carts, golf cart, tents).
- Food for competitions, parades, and special events, such as, water for parades, snacks/water/treats for band camp, breakfast before Thanksgiving game.
- Supplies for the band festival when held at South.
- Providing initial funds to purchase student clothing (T-Shirts, shoes, garment bags, etc.) until the students purchase these items.
- Investments to support other fundraising activities,such as, food booth equipment and maintenance; state fee for 50/50 license.
- Support for special events such as the spring student awards dinner.