MUN provides students with an opportunity to research, plan, negotiate and debate about a wide range of issues affecting the world today. Students research the values and attitudes of a particular country and present that country’s views in committee meetings and a general assembly. Participation in MUN activities is highly regarded by universities and employers. At the same time, both MUN club offer great leadership opportunities through the conduction of training sessions or the organisation of the conferences.
At BSM, we operate on an open door basis : any student from year 6 onwards can join our training and debating sessions.
There are 2 clubs : one for year 6 to year 9 called MIDYMUN and one for year 9 to year 13 called SSMUN
SSMUN attends 4 conferences a year :
- September locals : hosted in turn by BSM and ISM - around 200 students attend, it is essentially a student-led conference. (free attendance)
- November THIMUN Singapore : an international conference organised by the only UN MUN NGO, with around 2000 students attending from some 200 schools - a very prestigious event.(approximate cost : 1,500US$)(http://singapore.thimun.org/)
- February MUNA : organised by the Rotary Club Makati - set in the WHO Headquarters- some 250 students attend from different schools and university in the Philippines (no fee attached)
- March BEIMUN in Beijing : affiliated to THIMUN, it is also a prestigious and challenging conference attended by around 1,500 students from around the world (approximate cost : 1,500US$)(http://www.beimun.net/)
MIDYMUN attends 2 conferences a year :
- DIMUN : hosted by Dulwich School in Beijing (approximate cost : 1,500US$)(http://www.dimun.info/index.html)
- April :locals : hosted in turn by BSM and ISM - around 200 students attend, it is essentially a student-led conference. (free attendance)
for further information please contact Ms.Mouquet : firstname.lastname@example.org