1. A candidate who has passed HSC/PUC/ICSCE in any discipline (Arts, Science, Commerce) from a
recognized Board of Higher Secondary Education is eligible to apply for admission to the B.S.W.
Those awaiting results for the above examinations may also apply. They are required to submit the
mark sheet as soon as the results are declared or at the time of the interview.
2. Candidates applying should have the following minimum percentage of marks in aggregate:
Minority & General Categories : 45%
Reserved (SC/ST/NT/DT) : 40%
(and OBC recognized by the Government of Maharashtra)
3. All information asked for in the application form should be entered in capital letters or typed.
Incomplete application form will not be considered.
4. Two recent passport size photographs should be attached to the first page.
5. Foreign applicants should enclose US Dollars 25/-
6. Applicants are expected to have a fairly good knowledge of English and a working knowledge of
7. Applicants are reminded that the University does not permit a candidate to register for two University
courses simultaneously. As the B.S.W. Programme is a full-time course and makes demands on the
student’s time, it is not desirable to take up any part time employments/courses without the prior
consent of the principal.
8. Mumbai University Provisional Eligibility Certificate for all students other than those who have
appeared under Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune, must be
produced at the time of the interview.
9. Written test will held for applicants in the month of June, details of which will be intimated.
10. Attested copies of the following documents should be attached to the application form
(The original should be produced at the time of interview)
a. SSC/ICSCE/X or equivalent mark sheet (compulsory)
b. PUC/HSC/ISC/XII or equivalent mark sheet (if results are declared)
c. School/College Leaving Certificate
d. Para Professional Course Certificate
e. Certificates of any other degrees/diploma obtained
Mumbai University Provisional Eligibility Certificate for students other than those who have appeared
under Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Pune, must be produced
at the time of the interview.
a. Work Experience Certificate related to social work (if any)
b. Certificates of Extra Curricular Activities (if any)
c. Caste Certificate (SC/ST/NT/ and OBC recognized by the Government of Maharashtra)
d. Physical Disability (if applicable)
e. Baptism Certificate (for Catholics)
f. Biographical statement of not more than 500 words
h. Letter from deputing agencies for the deputed applicants