Copyleft 2016 303bcn
This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Tool to create a collection of sprites for TMS9918 or V9938 video processors (MSX, colecovision, SG1000, etc...), which provides the source code for Assembler, C and Basic.
The author's purpose is to provide the community of developers, a utility to simplify the work of creating and editing sprites, and the possibility to enhance and add functionality, using the code provided on this website.
Idea proposed by JamQue/ThePetsMode
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- Assistant to initialize a new project.
- Projects with different types of sprites. (8x8, 16x16, mono and multicolor)
- Load, Merge and Save projects, including the color palette.
- New project format with back compatibility.
- Delete, move, rotate and flip sprite.
- Edit line color and the OR bit in multicolor mode (V9938).
- Control the project sprites list (order, copy and delete).
- Up to 255 sprites of 8x8 size and 64 sprites of 16x16 size, per project.
- Edit the color palette (V9938). Allows reading or save the palette independently.
- Code Generation Window. Provides assembly code, formatted SDCC assembler, C and Basic.
- Load or Save Bitmap Window. Load/Save a bitmap PNG or a MSX Basic binary SC2.
- Project info window. Editing project information: name, version, author, group and description.
- Paint functions: Draw, Lines, Rectangles, Fill rectangles, Circles, Fill circles and Fill. Positive or negative (right mouse button). NEW (0.9.4b)
- Undo and redo. 16 steps. NEW (0.9.4b)
- Shortcuts keys. NEW (0.9.4b)
- PC with Windows System and Framework 3.0
Ideas for upcoming updates
- Tool for positioning sprites on a screen, with control bit OR (V9938).
- Edit Bit 5 Ignore collisions with other sprites. (1=Ignore).
- Visualizing tool for sprite animations. (idea: Kun)
- Add Window for Help + Developer Info.
- Show name sprite in the context menu item.
- Delete range of sprites.
- Control the order of sprite, by drag&drop or by direct entry of a number.
- Mark on the project list, the sprite that is being edited.
- Choice to compress RLE data output
- Marker unsaved changes. If no changes when closing the application is not necessary to show the confirmation window.
- Association project files with the application (for OS)
- OR editor mode (2 sprites = 3 colors per line).
New Project Wizard window.
Output data window.
V9938 Palette Editor window.