Welcome to the cottage!
Treetops Cottage is located on Muldrew Lake in the Muskoka area of Ontario.
For more info, contact:
2023 is mostly booked. Email us if you'd like to get on the cancellation list.
Relax in the Muskoka chairs on the dock.
Treetops Cottage - General info:
Treetops is a cozy 3-bedroom family cottage decorated with cottage appeal. The dining room, living room and kitchen are open concept and have two exits on to a large deck. The bedrooms are small (cottagers don’t generally spend much time in them). There are two double beds and three singles. (Master bedroom has a double and a single, other bedroom has a single and a 3/4 bed, small bedroom has a double). The deck overlooks Muldrew Lake and, between either the deck and/or the dock, sun can be found at any time of the day. On the deck, the patio table easily seats six and a patio stone area with BBQ and picnic table is located just down off the deck. Stone steps lead you down to the lake and to the dock and waterfront area. Here there is a second picnic table, canoe, paddleboat and a dock that boasts beautiful sunset views. There is a spot to park your boat if you are planning on bringing one. Fish in the lake (according to a 2014 MNR survey) include the following species:
The water entry, depending on the lake level, is between 12” and 30” into sandy or rocky lakebed, and then it drops off. The lot is one of the older, large cottage lots – one acre with 200 feet of lake frontage. Due to the lot size (and the trees) there is privacy from the neighbours on either side. In the summer, the lake is very much enjoyed by boaters on the weekends, and on Sunday night as the rush to get back to the city begins, a peaceful hush descends on the lake and the wildlife really comes out.
The cottage is approximately equidistant from Gravenhurst and Bala (25 – 30 min.) and about an hour and 20 minutes from Algonquin Park. In Gravenhurst you can enjoy the Wednesday morning Farmers’ Market, take a ride on one of the steamboats in the Muskoka Fleet, visit artists’ studios, shop or enjoy the various events that occur throughout the year such as the Antique and Classic Boat Show and Dockside Festival of the Arts.
§ Ideal for 4 – 6 people (maximum of 6 including your guests)
§ The facilities are simple, yet comfortable.
§ Number of bathrooms: 2: 1 full, 1 two-piece
§ Appliances and furnishings: Fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, corn pot, toaster oven, television, VCR, DVD, satellite and barbeque.
§ Boats: Canoe, kayaks and paddleboat included in rental.
§ Please bring your own linens and towels. Blankets and pillows are provided.
§ Telephone (local calls only). Please bring your cell or calling card for long distance.
§ Ample parking
· No firepit or burning permitted – our area is on fire watch most of the summer
· No smoking inside the cottage
· No outside noise after 11 pm
· The lot is natural (not landscaped), but there are some small flat areas with varying degree of sunniness at different times of the day, the deck, the patio and waterfront area
· There is patio furniture, including an umbrella and two picnic tables
· The small hot water tank means two quick showers in a row or one medium one, then wait approx. 20 minutes for next shower.
· Running water is pumped from the lake, therefore you'll need to bring separate drinking water available in town.
· Muldrew Lake is a long, narrow lake of channels and small bays, approximately 8 km in total length. We’re located in one of the channels.
· Wildlife: loons, chipmunks and great blue herons are the most visible. Numerous species of birds. Deer and bear occasionally seen. Raccoons are frequent night visitors and will endeavour to find a snack - so food and garbage cannot be left out at night.
· One spot for a boat if you’d like to bring one.
· Owner will come by mid-week to pick up garbage, etc.
Expectations of Cottage Renters:
§ Maximum of 6 people including guests
§ No loud parties – sound travels easily across the water.
§ If you break it, you replace it (see rental agreement)
§ Cottage to be left clean, in the same state you found it in – cleaning supplies provided by owner.
§ Please provide your own linens and towels
§ Blankets, dishtowels, dishrags and pillows provided
§ Environmental and septic system awareness (we can discuss if you are unfamiliar with this)
§ Be safe and be gentle on the cottage and the environment!
One crate-trained dog only, please ask for Pet Rules to see if they are agreeable to your situation. NO cats or other animals please.
Seven days – typically Saturday afternoon to the following Saturday morning, OR as otherwise arranged. We will meet you at the cottage to let you in and show you the facilities.
$2,800 per week for up to 6 people (including your guests).
The refundable damage deposit is an additional $800.
The front of the cottage as viewed from the lake.
Sunset view from the dock.
The living room has spectacular lakeviews on three sides.
Enjoy the panoramic lake view from inside the cottage.
The patio area with BBQ & picnic table.
Boys playing at dock.
Evening view up the lake.
To confirm your booking:
Email Nancy Beal at email@example.com or call (705) 710-8421. She will email the rental application and agreement. Please sign and email back, using Interac email transfer for the booking deposit of $1,000 (one week) or $1,500 (two weeks)
Further details in rental agreement.
One month prior:
E-transfer the damage deposit and balance of rental fee. Arrange your time of arrival with owner and obtain detailed directions.
Meet Owner on site and undertake an orientation of where things are, safety, operating instructions, etc.
Suggested list of things to bring:
· Drinking water
· Insect repellent & sunscreen
· Sheets & pillowcases
· Lifejackets (we have 4 in adult size available) but you’ll need ones that fit your children properly – very important for their safety!
· Toys & games for you and your children (we have some!)
· Water toys (we have some!)
· On your food list - don’t forget
· coffee, tea
· condiments (mustard, relish, BBQ sauce)
· margarine, butter, salad dressings
What will be there already?
· sugar, salt, pepper, some spices
· dishtowels & dishcloths
· environmentally friendly cleaning supplies
· paddles & four adult life jackets
· boat safety kits
· lawn chairs
· dishes, cutlery, pots & pans
· some watertoys (e.g. water weenies)
Biggest Expectation at Treetops Cottage: Fun & relaxation!
Give us a call or email!
Local boat rental businesses:
- Northern Lakes Marine - 705.706.7096
Check this out: Muskoka is voted first amongst National Geographic's 10 Best Summer Trips of 2011!
10 Best Trips of Summer 2011
1. Muskoka Cottage Country, Ontario, Canada
In Eastern Canada, “cottage country” covers any lake destination within easy driving distance for a quick weekend getaway. Central Ontario’s Muskoka districtis close to Toronto—about two hours north via Highways 400 and 11—while still offering an unplugged pace that’s a world away from Canada’s largest city. The 2,500-square-mile natural playground includes 8,699 miles of shoreline; 17 historic towns and villages; and countless waterfalls and lakes bordered by the granite peaks of Algonquin Provincial Park to the east and the 30,000 islands ofGeorgian Bay Islands National Park to the west. Spend the day paddleboarding on Muskoka Lake or exploring the Riverwalk and shops of Canada’s waterfall capital, Bracebridge. For an old-school family vacation, head north to Peninsula Lake’s Pow-Wow Point Lodge, a 91-year-old, all-inclusive resort featuring simple summer pleasures like campfires, canoeing, and volleyball. Plan an August visit to catch Algonquin Park’s educational Thursday evening wolf howls starring—weather-permitting—the reclusive, inhabitant, four-pawed chorus.
If you'd like to rent a larger boat try this local service:
Norther Lakes Marine Tel: 705.801.7900
Windy day on the deck.
Master bedroom (lakeview) - double & a single bed.
Back bedroom - bunkbeds & a 3/4 bed.
Main (four-piece) bathroom.
Paddleboat & canoe are included in the rental price.
Smallest bedroom (lakeview) with double bed.
We have a spacious 200' of shoreline. Note in photo: yellow canoe included in rental.
Dock view down the lake.
Gold finch makes frequent visits
Tinny (14' tin boat with 9.9 hp) available for rent.
View of the stone steps from waterfront to cottage.
Stable & easy to paddle kayaks
Yes, another sunset photo!
Fall is a beautiful time at the cottage - cool & sunny and NO BUGS!