MSU-CHM Emergency Medicine Interest Group
Welcome to EMIG, the CHM group for students considering a career in Emergency Medicine. We offer various ways to get to know emergency medicine better:
- Introductory talks by the Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine at MSU
- An Emergency Medicine preclinical elective, every semester
- Various clinics to learn procedures such as suturing and intubating
- Ambulance and helicopter ride alongs
- Meetings and lectures with EM residents
Email us if you'd like to be added to our email list to hear about upcoming events.
Interested in EM as a career? Why not do a rotation in Emergency Medicine?
Check out our Residency page for advice and links.
Dr. Overton (MSU Department Chair for Emergency Medicine) has written a great Guide for Emergency Medicine Applicants.
There are several national organizations which can help guide your decision:
- American College of Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- AAEM's Resident and Student Organization
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine