This page covers the following topics (please scroll down to view):
Create a new exam
Tips for creating exams
Make an exam copied from a previous semester available
List all exams in the course, add an exam to a content area, and make it available.
Creating a test off-line and uploading it to Bb, using Respondus.
Create a New Exam w/in a Content Area: This video demonstrates how to create an exam directly from a content area:
Question Types: Visit this web site for a good explanation of question types in Bb9
Tips for Creating Exams
- For exams with essay questions -- allow multiple attempts! Students who keep their browser open on a test for several hours w/o activity may experience time-out issues. They will lose any answers on the test (unless they have been saved).
- Encourage students to SAVE every answer as they take the test.
- View the student tutorial site here for instructions you can add to your course.
Make an Existing Exam Available:
If your course was copied from a previous semester you will see the test listed in a content area, but it will be 'grayed out.' You will need to make your test available:
- Access the Content Area where exams are located.
- Drop the menu next to the test and select Edit Test Options
- Set the Availability to YES
- Set any other options needed
- Click Submit.
You can view a list of all exams within your course. Some exams may have been copied from a previous semester but have never been added to a content area.
- Expand the Course Tools area of the control panel
- Select Tests/Surveys/Pools
- Select Tests
- You will see a list of all exams, where they are currently deployed as well as when they were last edited.
- Click the drop menu of any exam to either Edit it, Export it to your computer, or delete it from the course completely.
- If you would like to use a test:
- Access a content area from the course menu
- Drop the Evaluate Button
- Select "Create Test"
- Select the test from the list of existing tests, and Click the Submit button
- You will now see the Test Options screen. Make the test available and set any other options you need. Click Submit when you are finished.
Creating a Test Off-Line:
If you would rather create your tests off-line and then transfer them to Blackboard please contact Technology Training Services to request Respondus. We have a campus license, will email the information to you. Respondus will allow you to create a test in any of the following ways:
- In MS Office Word -- and converted in Respondus
- From a Publishers Tests bank -- accessed via Respondus
- Using the Respondus software itself