During the regular semester:
- Take the usual 6-9 hours / semester.
- Take an additional 4 - 7 hours of ECE8/9000 to sum to a 13 hour load. Non-thesis students will perform no work but still receive credit for these hours. Thesis students will work on their research topics to receive credit for these hours.
- Exception: students enrolled in the ESL class must enroll in a maximum of 9 hours that semester.
During the summer:
- Students with a summer TA, an RA extending through the summer, or students funded on a fellowship must enroll in a total of 6 hours summed across all summer sessions.
- Students intending to graduate during the summer must enroll in at least 1 hour.
- Students outside these categories will not enroll in classes during the summer.