ART FOUNDATIONS HONORS
Q3 WEEKLY HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS
· Your sketchbook will be collected, graded and returned to you on the same day it is due.
· All homework must be completed in the sketchbook.
· Late assignments will be accepted up to 1 week after original due date for half credit only. Any assignment not turned in after 1 week is a zero.
· Grading: Your work is assessed on timeliness, following directions (doing what the assignment is asking), using the whole page, neatness and detail/creativity (what did you do to make your work unique or different-no stereotypes).
· Avoid stereotypical forms. All work must be original. No copying.
· Sketchbook media includes any 2D drawing or painting material or collage. No computer art please.
*PLEASE PUT THE DUE DATE & SUBJECT ON EVERY ASSIGNMENT.
**NOTE: ALL ASSIGNMENTS NEED TO USE THE SPACE WELL…DO NOT HAVE FLOATING OBJECTS AND LARGE EMPTY WHITE SPACE.
THURSDAY 2/9- MONOCHROMATIC LANDSCAPE (collage, drawing or painting)
FRIDAY 2/17-ANALOGOUS STILL LIFE (collage, drawing or painting)
THURSDAY 3/1-COMPLEMENTARY-CHOICE (include tints & shades. Collage, drawing or painting)
FRIDAY 3/9- PRIMARIES+ BLACK –ABSTRACT –Marker or paint
THURSDAY 3/15-BYE (art show-I will be insanely busy and so will you… preparing for show!)
FRIDAY 3/23- ARTIST RESEARCH- Go to www.artnews.com, find an article that interests you. Print the story and adhere it to inside of you sketchbook. Create an artwork inspired by what you have read. ALSO answer the following:
Why did you choose this article?
What new information did you learn?
How does your artwork relate to the piece?