1) Who is the author? (man, women, Dr., etc)
2) When was the text written?
3) What information will you find in the text?
4) What type of text is it?
1)What information was presented at the beginning of the article?
2) What is the text structure (or organization) style used? Notice multiple structures.
3) What is the central idea?
4) Are there words or phrases that are repeated over and over?
5) What words need to be defined to help me understand the text?
6) Who is the intended audience?
7)What is the author's opinion? How do you know? What language tells you this?
8) What information stands out to you? Shocks you?
1) How am I influenced by reading this?
2) What does the repetition of words suggest?
3) What details are the most important to the overall meaning?
4) Do I agree or disagree with the author? the events? the topic?
5) What details influenced me the most?
6)If I were someone else, would I think differently about the text? Why?
7) What does the text leave uncertain or unstated?