The Global Health & Medicine working group was Founded five years ago to foster the advancement of the GHM curriculum. The group consists of two elected representatives from each class and Dr Tzvi Dwolatzky, the GHM director. The group has made significant and important contributions to the Global Health curriculum including the development of this course pack and identification and implementation of the six core-competencies of global health. The group gives critical feedback to the administration and is involved in the planning of nearly every Global Health undertaking at the school. Our mission statement & working guidlines are provided on the below.
The GHM Working Group facilitates the academic and professional growth of MSIH students' global health knowledge and skills through working with the student body, the faculty, the administration, and alumni. This working group strives to nurture an inclusive intellectual environment for all by assisting in communication between all groups. Working Guidelines
- The GHM Working Group is made up of two representatives from each class and the Faculty Director of the GHM program. This Faculty Director may temporarily appoint a faculty member replacement. The GHM secretary is a non-voting member of the group.
- The class GHM representatives are to be elected every year by his/her classmates, with the exception of the 3rd year representatives which will be elected for a 2 year term.
- The Student Council class representatives from the year above will run the election for the year below.
- Elections for 2nd and 3rd year GHM representatives will be held in the month of May.
- Elections for the incoming class will be held in the first month of their fall semester.
- The GHM Working Group will meet once a month. This meeting will be organized by the GHM assistant.
- At least one representative from each class will be present at all meetings requiring a voting decision.
- Records of each meeting will be kept and stored in a record that will be available to all MSIH students, faculty, and administration.
- It is the responsibility of GHM representatives to express the concerns and problems of students.
- A class GHM representative may choose to resign their position the first semester of their term. The third place winner in the original GHM election will take this person's place.
- The 3rd Year GHM representatives will assist the GHM Director in coordinating:
- GHM Pediatric Workshop
- Formation of groups for the 4th Year International Placement Elective
- The Module Coordinator and GHM Elective Coordinate should attend at least one GHM Working Group meeting per semester.