(I wanted to take down this site as this is almost a disgrace and I have no time to make it better, but I got several requests to get it back.
If anyone would be willing to develop this site, I would be very grateful.
Msc-generator is a tool that draws Message Sequence Charts or generic Graphs from textual descriptions.
It is a practical alternative to mouse based drawing programs such as Visio or PowerPoint.
- A rich signalling chart syntax to describe arrows, boxes, comments and more.
- A superset of graphviz to describe graphs.
- A large set of fully customizable visual attributes - or just use pre-defined styles.
- Export in PNG, PDF, SVG, EMF and EPS formats.
- Full OLE support on Windows - embed charts into PowerPoint or Word documents and double click to edit.
- Updated ribbon-based Windows user interface, tracking mode, full screen and print support.
- Built-in editor on Windows with color syntax highlighting, smart-ident, auto-suggest and auto-complete.
- Support for command line operation on Windows, Linux and MacOS.
See a few example signalling charts here. More in the documentation below.
The latest version of Msc-generator can be downloaded on Sourceforge
. For Windows a full installer is provided, for Linux and MacOS a source tarball is available.
The user manual is available in HTML and PDF. Doxygen documentation for the code is here.