Issues & Geography >
Issues & Geog Assignments
Watch the following clips on the Iranian Revolution:
Students should answer the following questions in their notes during the video:
1. Name three SPECIFIC things the Shah did and how these were perceived by the Iranian people.
2. Who came into power as a result of the '79 Iranian Revolution?
Work with a partner to decide if you think the UK should remain in the EU or leave. To do this you will choose ONE of the issues listed in this interactive graphic and read the argument for and against Britain leaving the EU. You will briefly explain to the class (1-2 minutes) how staying or leaving will impact the issue you chose. Then decide how you would vote based on your issue.
Complete this worksheet over illegal mining and deforestation in the Amazon.The videos you will need to watch are linked in the worksheet.
Use the Frontline world documentary "Tale of Two Villages"shown below to complete this worksheet.
Follow these instructions to create a poster describing what you think the best location would be for an expansion Canadian Football League team would be.
DUE: 1/26 Watch this video about life on an indian reservation then answer the following questions:
1. What are two conditions of life on an indian reservation?
2. What does it mean to say that indians live in "two different worlds"?
3. How does this video relate to globalization?
DUE: Tue 1/10 Please read this excerpt from the book "Hot, Flat and Crowded" and answer the following questions:
1. What is the name of the group of scientists responsible for investigating climate change?
2. How much CO2 was in the atmosphere before the industrial revolution vs now?
3. How much more CO2 will be added over the next 50 years?
4. Over the past 670,000 years what temperature trend is seen when CO2 levels increase?
5. According the IPCC, what are they 90% certain caused the temperature increases in the last 50 years?
1-10 of 11