Using a backchannel can be a bit confusing at first. Using a backchannel is helpful for a variety of reasons.
Hopes and Dreams
I Need My Monster
If America Were A Village
13 x 7 = 28
Click on the text above. You will be directed to a site that will allow us to chat online. This is called a backchannel
There are three expectations that are to be met as you contribute to the conversation.
- Be kind. Remember the golden rule. It is okay to share a different opinion as long as you do it in a way that is respectful.
- Be clear. Make sure your point is understood.
- Stay on-task. Remember the purpose of the activity and keep your comments focused on the topic.
- Integrating Language Arts curriculum
- Summarizing main ideas
- Have a "voice" and the ability to share
- Gain insight from others
- It requires you to multi-task. You have to listen to the lesson and follow what's written on the backchannel and contribute to the conversation.
- It requires you to be focused on the topic. Getting off topic can be easy so it takes discipline to stay focused.