ALLAMAKEE COUNTY CONSERVATION BOARD: Temporary part-time summer positions
- 12-14 weeks during the summer months; ave. 40 hours per week
- Some evenings and weekends
- Responsibilities to include: mowing equipment, chainsaws, power tools, light construction, and general park maintenance. Past experience in grounds maintenance or construction work is helpful.
- Persons pursuing an education in a natural resource field are encouraged to apply.
- 18 years of age, valid Iowa Drivers License, able to lift heavy objects and long periods of standing, bending and reaching.
- To apply: Pick up application at Auditor's Office in the Allamakee County Courthouse or online at www.co.allamakee.ia.us/employmentopportunities.htm Send completed application to the Allamakee County Conservation Board P.O. Box 278 Harpers Ferry, Iowa 52146
- Applications must be postmarked no later than Monday, April 9, 2012
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE: YOUTH CONSERVATION CORPS SUMMER JOBS!
- Anyone, male or female, age 15-18. You must not turn 19 years old before the end of the program in August
- Summer jobs available working at Effigy Mounds National Monument near Marquette, Iowa doing conservation work throughout the park-outdoors.
- Begin June 13, 2011 and end August 12, 2011. Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m.
- Pick up applications from Mrs. Hisel. Must be turned in by April 15, 2011.
- Mandatory meeting for selected youth and their parents/guardians on May 18, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. at the park.
U.S. FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE-(McGregor) YOUTH CONSERVATION CORPS:
- 15-18 years old
- Provide your own transportation to McGregor District office in McGregor, Iowa
- Approx. 8 weeks 8:00-4:30 Monday -Friday except holidays; some weekend work available
- Outdoor work; trail building, fencing, removing invasive species, cleaning boat landings etc.
- Pick up application from Mrs. Hisel. Due April 21st!
IOWA 4-H YOUTH CONFERENCE: June 25-27, 2013; Animal science round-up (hands-on experience learning about horses, sheep swine, beef, or dairy. CSI-Crops; use the latest technology and DNA lab analysis to solve a crime scene of crops pests and problems. Registration is due May 25, 2012. For more info or to get a registration packet, contact Iowa State University Extension county office (Allamakee Co. in Waukon-563.568.6345) or visit www.extension.iastate.edu/4h/stateconference