PSEO and CIS College Classes

Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)

Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-, 11th- and 12th-grade students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Most PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses. Eleventh and 12th-grade students may take PSEO courses on a full- or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one career/technical PSEO course. If they earn at least a grade C in that class, they may take additional PSEO courses.

There is no charge to PSEO students for tuition, books or fees for items that are required to participate in a course. Students must meet the PSEO residency and eligibility requirements and abide by participation limits specified in Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.09. If a school district determines a pupil is not on track to graduate, she/he may continue to participate in PSEO. Funds are available to help pay transportation expenses for qualifying students to participate in PSEO courses on college campuses. Schools must provide information to all students in grades 8-11 and their families by March 1, every year. Students must notify their school by May 30 if they want to participate in PSEO for the following school year. For current information about the PSEO program, visit the Minnesota Department of Education’s Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) webpage.

College in the Schools
Students have many opportunities to enroll in college level classes at Upsala High School. Upsala has partnered with Central Lakes College to offer these classes. Take a moment and check out the Central Lakes Collegewebsite for more information on College in the Schools.  

Also note that a PDF of the Central Lakes College PSEO/CIS Student Handbook is at the bottom of this page.

Central Lakes College Transcript Request Form 
Students who have taken college courses through the College-in-the-Schools Program while attending Upsala HS will need this form to request an official transcript. The form will need to be sent directly to Central Lakes College, the Brainerd Campus (the address is located on the top of the form).

If you would like to use Electronic Transcript Request form, please use this direct link to the Central Lakes College Website. 

Want to get information about transferring your college credits to the college you plan to attend after graduation?Transferology is a great site that will get that process started. Colleges and universities need to be members (currently there are over 40 Minnesota schools) in order for you to get transfer credit information. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Glaser.

Upsala High School Transcript Request Form
You will need to allow a minimum of 2 business days for your request to be completed.
The request can be emailed to me at
Jayne Glaser,
Feb 10, 2017, 12:04 PM
Jayne Glaser,
Mar 27, 2017, 6:03 AM
Jayne Glaser,
Feb 28, 2017, 11:34 AM
Jayne Glaser,
Feb 10, 2015, 6:33 AM