VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES IN THE
WELLS-OGUNQUIT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Maryanne C. Foley
Community Resource Coordinator
MISSION OF SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
• To enrich student curriculum and broaden student experiences and awareness
• To increase individual educational assistance to students
• To provide an opportunity for parents and community members to become involved in the educational system and its processes
• To increase teacher planning and teaching time by carrying out non-instructional tasks
• To stimulate and strengthen community interest in the W.O.C.S.D.Volunteers:
EXTEND teachers’ teaching time
ENRICH students’ learning
ENCOURAGE students by serving as role models
ENLIGHTEN students through new social contacts
EXPAND school resources
ENLIST community partnerships in our school
• Classroom volunteer- scheduled by teacher
• Computer Lab volunteer
• Art room, Music Room, Library volunteer
• Clerical helper- office- filing, coping, laminating, special event organization
• Special event volunteer- Picture Day, Colors Day, Celebrity Reader Day, etc.
• At-Home projects-prepare materials, organize book orders
2016 Volunteer Trainings
All Trainings will take place in the Wells Elementary School Conference room. Please call 646-5953 x 4204 to schedule a training after these dates.
Students from Wells Junior High and Wells High School looking for volunteer positions at Wells Elementary School need to attend a Student Volunteer Training.
2016-17 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT
All volunteers must complete the Volunteer Application and Volunteer Agreement ANNUALLY prior to volunteering in a classroom setting.
Forms are available for downloading below.