In person volunteering is not possible at this time. Volunteering information will be updated when it becomes possible to volunteer. Distance Learning volunteering opportunities will be coming up in January.
CELEBRATION OF READING DAY
Friday, March 5, 2021
Sign up to be a remote Guest Reader for a classroom. You can record your video in advance, or live Zoom with the class on 3/5/21.
For more information, email Maryanne Foley at email@example.com
Mrs. Foley’s Volunteer Page
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES IN THE
WELLS-OGUNQUIT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Maryanne C. Foley
Community Resource Coordinator
646-5953 x 4204 Email: mfoley AT wocsd DOT org
MISSION OF SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
• To enrich student curriculum and broaden student experiences and awareness
• To increase individual educational assistance to students
• To provide an opportunity for parents and community members to become involved in the educational system and its processes
• To increase teacher planning and teaching time by carrying out non-instructional tasks
• To stimulate and strengthen community interest in the W.O.C.S.D.
EXTEND teachers’ teaching time
ENRICH students’ learning
ENLIGHTEN students through new social contacts
EXPAND school resources
ENLIST community partnerships in our school
Volunteers and visitors are not permitted inside of the buildings at this time. Once volunteering is allowed, the list of opportunities will be updated.
• Classroom volunteer- scheduled by teacher
• Computer Lab volunteer
• Art room, Music Room, Library volunteer
• Clerical helper- office- filing, coping, laminating, special event organization
• Special event volunteer- Picture Day, Colors Day, Guest Reader Day, etc.
• At-Home projects-prepare materials, organize book orders
Students from Wells Junior High and Wells High School looking for volunteer positions at Wells Elementary School need to attend a Student Volunteer Training offered after school at WJHS.