VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITES IN THE
WELLS-OGUNQUIT COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Maryanne C. Foley
Community Resource Coordinator
MISSION OF SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
• To enrich student curriculum and broaden student experiences and awareness
• To increase individual educational assistance to students
• To provide an opportunity for parents and community members to become involved in the educational system and its processes
• To increase teacher planning and teaching time by carrying out non-instructional tasks
• To stimulate and strengthen community interest in the W.O.C.S.D.Volunteers:
EXTEND teachers’ teaching time
ENRICH students’ learning
ENCOURAGE students by serving as role models
ENLIGHTEN students through new social contacts
EXPAND school resources
ENLIST community partnerships in our school
• Classroom volunteer- scheduled by teacher
• Computer Lab volunteer
• Art room, Music Room, Library volunteer
• Clerical helper- office- filing, coping, laminating, special event organization
• Special event volunteer- Picture Day, Colors Day, Celebrity Reader Day, etc.
• At-Home projects-prepare materials, organize book orders
2016 Volunteer Trainings
All Trainings will take place in the Wells Elementary School Conference room.
Students from Wells Junior High and Wells High School looking for volunteer positions at Wells Elementary School need to attend a Student Volunteer Training.
Confidentiality form must be signed ANNUALLY prior to volunteering in a classroom setting.
2016-17 SVP Registration form and Confidentiality Agreement