Start a few days before the due date by reflecting, brainstorming, outlining, and writing. Do this in Word or some other application that you can save.
Find places on the web you'll link to from your post.
Find images or create visuals you'll want to use in your post.
- Log-in to wordpress.com using your username/password.
- Go to your 'Dashboard'. Be sure you are in the ParishGOV Dashboard.
- On the right, under the 'Posts' drop-down menu there will be 'add new'.
- Use the form on the page to add a title, copy/paste in your text and format the text. Use the "little camera" tool to add images, quotes, tables, visual-elements, etc. Save this draft periodically throughout the process!
- Choose or create a ‘Category’ for your post. Your post can have more than one Category.
- Review the very important BLOGGING GUIDELINES document. Be sure you have conformed to all these guidelines.
- Test your post to make sure it looks the way you want it to by using the ‘Preview Post’ button. NOTE:
Wrap text around your picture(s);
Give credit to sources by including links; and
Set all links so that they open in a new window.
- Click 'Publish' when you're all done!
- Monitor your post for comments, and reply to each comment (see “How to Comment”, below).
- If you have any questions at all about this assignment, don't hesitate to ask me. Please don't wait until the last minute to ask questions! And of course, you can always ask me to review your post before you publish, if you'd like.
How to Comment:
Commenting is part of blogging, and part of your assignment. Without comments, you’re just a writer with a silent audience and no conversation. Review the very important COMMENTING GUIDELINES before you start commenting.