1806- James Hunter Sr. born June 8th in Galashiels, Scotland.
1833- James Hunter Sr. comes to the United States and lived in Oakville, New York.
1838- James Hunter Sr. comes to North Adams from New York.
1857- James E. Hunter, Hunter Sr.'s son, entered into a partnership and firm with his father.
1864- Mr.Jewitt, the old firm owner, retires. Business now goes under the name of "James Hunter & Son."
1891- The firm is now incorporated under the name of "James Hunter Machine Co."
1899- A new brick foundary building is erected.
1919- James E. Hunter dies, January 19th. His son, James D. Hunter, takes over the presidency of the company.
1947- The company celebrated its 100 year anniversary.
1967- The company moved to the South Church Street.
1982- Land was purchased near Ashland Street and a new iron foundary building was built.
1983- James Hunter Machine Company officially closes in December.
1984- The site becomes Morrison Berkshire Inc. in January.