Work-Based Learning provides opportunities for students to learn a variety of skills through rigorous academic preparation with hands-on career development experiences. Under the guidance of adult mentors, students learn to work in teams, solve problems, and meet employers’ expectations.
WORK-BASED LEARNING GOALS AND BENEFITS
Through Work-Based Learning, students have the opportunity to see how classroom instruction connects to the world of work and future career opportunities.
Work-Based Learning provides the following:
- Active participation of educators, employees, labor, students, parents, and appropriate agency and community representatives.
- Development of learning and workplace competencies.
- Motivation to stay in school.
- Improvement of student grades.
- Improvement in student ability to become employed.
- Increased awareness of nontraditional career opportunities.
- Help for students in identifying Career Pathways.