posted Oct 26, 2010, 8:43 PM by J Light
updated Nov 21, 2010, 1:11 PM
Island of the Blue Dolphins Novel Study
- The completed novel study will be due Wednesday, Nov. 24.
- There will be a progress check over the first ten parts of the novel study on Monday, Nov. 1.
- Students must be done with the novel by Monday, Navember 15.
- As each part of the novel study is assigned it will be added to the following list. The completed novel study will include a cover, a table of contents, and each of the parts that are listed below. Neatness and organization will make up 50% of the final grade for this project.
- Island of the Blue Dolphins Story Organizer
- KWL Worksheet
- Journal Entry 1 - Describe a time when you or someone you know was courageous or overcame a hardship. Did you or this person change? How?
- Session Notes - Chapters 1-4
- Session Notes - Chapters 5-8
- Map of the Island
- Motives Worksheet - Chapters 1-9
- Session Notes - Chapters 9-12
- Journal Entry 2 - Write your first impression of Karana. Is she someone you would like to know? Why?
- Session Notes - Chapters 13-17
- Session Notes - Chapters 18-21
- Traits Worksheet
- Journal Entry 3 - Write about how people at different levels of maturity cope with fear, hardship, disappointment, and personal disagreements. What mental and emotional changes do people typically underrgo as they grow from adolescence to aulthood?
- Session Notes - Chapters 22-25
- Response Questions Chapters 20-29
- Drawing, painting, or cardboard figure of Karana as discribed at the end of the Response Questions Chapters 20-29 (#15 on this list)
- Session Notes - Chapters 26-29
- Comparison of Lord of the Flies and Island of the Blue Dolphin