Magnum Dynalab FT101A
Modified by Don Scott in May 2005
This tuner had been upgraded to an Etude before I purchased it several years ago.
Top view as stock with Etude mod from Magnum Dynalab. Click photo to enlarge.
- Installed fuse holder and IEC power connector
- Replaced audio output IC with LM358 in socket
- Replaced audio output caps
- Increased values of four power supply caps.
- New +12V voltage regulator with heat sink (allowing removal of the always on feature due to better stability)
- Replaced de-emphasis caps with better quality
- Replaces 3 IF filters with selected units for maximum selectivity with very good fidelity and stereo separation.
- Aligned tuner
- Rebuilt Blend circuit. The Blend switch on the front panel is now really blend, and adjustable. The old blend circuit was actually an AGC circuit on or off . Also left AGC disconnected as it sounds better that way.
- Replaced off-value 56K resistor in output circuit
- Removed instant-on and low-level audio output circuits.
FT101 after mods, click to enlarge.
Power supply PCB, with new fuseholder and IEC on rear panel. Click to enlarge.