1. The most recent time you gave birth, was your baby born vaginally or by cesarean section?
The most recent time you gave birth, was your baby born …?
2. How old were you when you gave birth?
What is your year of birth? Please enter as a four-digit number, e.g., 1963
Note: The Japanese sample was defined as 20-45 years old, while the U.S. sample included women aged 18-45 years old.
3. Including the most recent time, how many times have you given birth?
Including the most recent time, how many times in total have you given birth?
4. What was the gestational date when you gave birth?
What was the date of your baby's birth?
5. Did you move back to your mother’s (town) to give birth? (="Satogaeri")
Yes ⇒ How many months did you stay there?
No ⇒ Why?
6. Is your baby male or female?
7. How much did your baby weigh at birth? If you are not sure, your best estimate will do.
8. At the time you gave birth, what was your marital status?
At the time you gave birth, were you…?
9. Are you currently working?
10. What is the highest level of education you have completed or the highest degree you have received? If you are a student, please answer what level you have completed so far.
11. Please answer if you would not mind. Which of the following income categories best describes your household income last year before taxes?
12. How old is your husband/partner?
13. If you are married, how many years had you been married at the time that you gave birth?
14. All together, how many children would you like to have? If you are not sure, please give your best answer.