How to use HCPSlink
1. Launch Internet Explorer.
2. Type the URL for HCPSLink in the location bar. (Notice the S after http. This means this is a secure site so be sure to include the s in the address.) Once you have gotten to the HCPSLink site, be sure to “bookmark this site” as a favorite (Favorites menu > Add to Favorites.)
3. Enter your laptop User Name and Password. Click Log In.
You will be taken to the Welcome Center page which displays School Notices, School and System Information, and District Links. Under Welcome Center-Notices click View Notices to see a list of published school and/or grade level notices.
4. Click Classroom to see the My Classes page which displays a list of your classes and when grades and homework boards were last updated.
5. Under Classroom-My Classes click Boards to see homework boards for your classes. Be sure to choose the appropriate term and class from the drop-down menus. Most Deep Run teachers use their own web page to provide more information about your class. A link to that web page should be found within your class’ Board.
6. Under Classroom-My Classes click Links to see hyperlinks for your classes. Be sure to choose the appropriate term and class from the drop-down menus. (Few Deep Run teachers will provide links here; most link can be found on their classweb page. Check the Classroom Boards for such links.)
7. Under Classroom-My Classes click Grades to see Report Card/Interim Grades and individual assignment grading information. Be sure to choose the appropriate term and class from the drop-down menus.
8. Click Contact Teacher to see a list of your teachers and their HCPS e-mail addresses.
9. Click Front Office to view a listing of absences and tardies for the full year.
10. Under Front Office-Attendance click Attendance to see attendance information. Only attendance exceptions will be noted on this page.
11. Under Front Office-Attendance click Schedule to see a list of your classes for each school day. Be sure to select the appropriate day from the calendar.
12. Click Logout when done.
This information taken from the HCPS student HCPSlink guide. Copyright 2006 HCPS