A Community Forum on Food Security in Lincoln County
The Morris Farm Trust is both a working farm and an educational resource for the communities of mid coast Maine. As non-profit, educational, membership organization, The Morris Farm Trust promotes the values of sustainable agriculture and stewardship of the earth through education, demonstration and community involvement by providing:
- A local farm and landscape that provides food, education, recreation, and pride in Midcoast Maine for many generations
- Agricultural education for people of all ages, particularly local public school students
- Responsible farming on the land in Wiscasset with the help and support of our whole community
- The consumption of locally-grown food
- Sustainable agriculture techniques
- The value of manual labor as an essential pillar of American culture and education
- Aesthetically and environmentally-sensitive land-use planning
preservation of a distinct regional identity and local traditions that
will strengthen our community from within and attract residents,
businesses, and visitors to our area
- The essential connections between people, land, and meaningful labor
Morris Farm Trust recognizes that local, ecologically-sound farming is
an essential yet threatened part of our heritage. As the traditional
working landscapes of Maine continue to disappear, there is an
intensifying need to support agriculture that is sustained from the work
and wisdom of people within our community.
Your donation makes possible the good work we do here at the Morris Farm. It supports vibrant programming for youth, families and adults, builds raised beds for our educational garden, buys first aid supplies, helps to pay the vet bill for an ailing heifer, fixes a leaky roof, repairs trails, and teaches a child the pleasure and importance of growing their own food.
Local Farms, Educational Farms, Featured Farms....