16. Can you explain what inheritance is and an example
17. How would you implement inheritance using VB.NET/C#?
18. Whats an assembly ?
* It contains : Manifest - Meta data
19. Describe the difference between inline and code behind.
Ans. Inline function bind at compile time can write in aspx page with in <% %> .
The code-behind is in a CS or a VB file.
21. Where would you use an iHTTPModule, and what are
the limitations of any approach you might take in
Ans. It provides module initialization and disposal events
to the implementing class.
22. Compare Session State Vs. ViewState.
ViewState stores data betwen PostBacks by putting it into a
24. Whats MSIL, and why should my developers need an appreciation of it if at all?
Definition:Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL) is the
25. In what order do the events of an ASPX page execute. As a developer is it important to undertsand these events?
page properties such as Response and Request are unloaded and any cleanup is performed.
27. Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
28. Which template must you provide, in order to display
29. How can you provide an alternating color scheme in a Repeatercontrol?
30. What property must you set, and what method must you call in your code, in order to bind the data from some data source to the Repeatercontrol?
Ans. Datasource, DataBind
31. What base class do all Web Forms inherit from?
32. What method do you use to explicitly kill a user's
33. How do you turn off cookies for one page in your site?
34. Which two properties are on every validation control?
35. What tags do you need to add within the
36. How do you create a permanent cookie?
It’s that easy! Nothing more to it. You have now set a permanent cookie on your computer. Also, note that whenever the above code is called the expiration date of the cookie is renewed by one month from now.
There are a few more options which you can set, like for example the Path option. You can limit cookies to certain paths on your website, so you can set several cookies with the same name, as long as they belong to different paths. To do this, you would use the following code (extending the previous code):
The above code would limit the cookie to the path foo. It is
a cookie. For example, if I’d want to store not only the first
That’s all! Although there are a few more "advanced" options,
Retrieving the value of cookies is a very easy job, because
There is no difference in retrieving a Session cookie or a
The above is for when you assigned only one value to a cookie. If you assigned multiple values you a cookie, you use the following code:
That’s all there is to it. It’s that easy, because everything
Before using cookies, it is often useful to check whether your
others may be using browsers that don’t support cookies at all (although very few browsers do). You should always keep the fact that your cookies might not work in the back of your mind, meaning, do NOT rely on cookies to work. If your website does not work when cookies are disabled, you must fix this.
37. What tag do you use to add a hyperlink column to
38. What is the standard you use to wrap up a call to a
SOAP (originally Simple Object Access Protocol) is a
There are several different types of messaging patterns in
39. Which method do you use to redirect the user to
40. What is the transport protocol you use to call a
infrastructure. This in fact imposes the usage of of the HTTP,
transports. Messaging Protocol: The format of messages exchanged between Web Services clients and Web Services should be vendor neutral and should not carry details about the technology used to implement the service. Also, the message format should allow for extensions and different bindings to specific transport protocols. SOAP and ebXML Transport are specifications which fulfill these requirements. We expect that the W3C XML Protocol Working Group defines a successor standard.
42. What does WSDL stand for?
43. What property do you have to set to tell the
44. Where on the Internet would you look for Web services?
45. What tags do you need to add within the
46. Which property on a Combo Box do you set with a column name, prior to setting the DataSource, to display data in the combo box?
47. How is a property designated as read-only?
Public ReadOnly Property PropertyName As ReturnType
public returntype PropertyName
48. Which control would you use if you needed to make sure the values in two different controls matched?
49. True or False: To test a Web service you must create a windows application or Web application to consume this service?
50. How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?
51. Is ASP.NET a language?