The time has come for the final AA Atom report of the 2013/2014 hockey season. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the hockey season can fly by and it always seems somewhat strange (and a little sad) at the end of the season when it’s all over. Suddenly the calendar doesn’t look as full. This being my first year responsible for writing articles for a minor hockey team, I am not entirely sure what content the article should include.
I could brag about our team’s win/loss record or goals for/against (where the numbers are positive for our team in both regards), but at the end of the day, I think there are much more important aspects to focus on for a 9-10 yr old team, even though it’s AA level.
Having said that, I’d like to focus on two points that were brought to my attention by some of our team’s parents as well as opposing team’s parents.
1)Every player improved their skill level from the beginning of the year to the end. This accomplishment can’t be measured by goal scoring or assists alone.
2)Team player dynamics have changed throughout the season. The boys have changed how they relate to each other both on and off the ice. I believe that lifelong friendships were forged or reinforced.
We wish the best of luck to those boys that are moving up to Pee Wee Division next year.
Thanks to all involved with the AA Atoms! A special thanks to our team Manager and Coaches for another memorable year of Morden Minor Hockey.
So in closing, if we don’t see each other around town, I hope to see you at the rink next season.
Morden Bantam 2013
Morden Hawks AA Atom Report
February 10th and the Morden AA Atoms regular season has drawn to a close. The last 10 games of the season, Morden AA Atoms have gone on a tear with a 7-3-0 record to finish second in the Division.
The following is an update from the last three tournaments played by the Morden AA Atoms.
- They played the Ile Des Chenes tournament Dec7-8th 2013 where they came home with the Gold Medal.
- They played the Altona tournament Jan 11-12th2014 where they came home with the Silver Medal.
- They played the Brandon Tournament of Champions Feb7-9th 2014. Despite our team’s best efforts, they were not rewarded with any medals this time, however it was a great opportunity for a team bonding experience.
Coming up on the schedule for the AA Atoms is the much anticipated Playoff run and the Provincial Tournament in Swan River Feb. 28 - March 2, 2014.
Family and friends wish the best of luck to the players as they prepare for their upcoming schedule.
MORDEN MINOR HOCKEY 2013 RAFFLR WINNERS
Grand Prize -Vacation voucher worth $2500 goes to Luke and Lisa Penner
1) Apple iPad goes to Sherri Adams
2) 50 inch LCD TV goes to Curt Lumgair
3) Free Morden Minor Hockey Registration for 2014 goes to Keith Norrie
4) Free Canteen Buyout for 2014 goes to J Kervel
5) Junior Bike supplied by Olympic Source for Sports goes to Linda Wilcott
6) 2 Winnipeg Jets Tickets donated by Delmar Commodities LTD goes to Mudd Durupt
"Remember to lock your vehicle doors and take your valuables with you while parked at the Rink"