I am looking forward to another great year in Gan Khugim. The first class will be on Thursday September 6th.
September has been both busy and exciting for all of us. We started the year off with a unit on a great book called Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See ? Each child picked their favorite character from the book to paint a large picture of. Teaching the children how to say all the characters in Hebrew was a great learning experience for them. We all enjoyed playing brown bear bingo, and coloring pictures of the story.
For Rosh Hashanah we sponge painted apples cutouts creating a cute fridge magnet. We also read the book Sammy Spiders First Rosh Hashanah. A favorite thing in the afternoon has been playing musical instruments and learning some actions to new songs. Mother Nature has been great so far this year and we have enjoyed the warm sunshine in the outside playground. It has been wonderful for all the children to interact and get to know each other along with Sara and myself.
We are looking forward to the coming months with lots of hands on experiences!
What You Will Need:
1 cup water
1 cup white glue
2Tbs. liquid tempera paint or 7-10 drops food coloring
11/3 cup warm water and 4 tsp borax laundry booster
1. Mix solution A together in a bowl.
2. In a second bowl mix the ingredients in solution B until
the borax is completely dissolved.
3. Slowly pour solution A into solution B Do not mix.
4. Roll solution A around in solution B 4-5 times.
5. Lift solution A out of solution B and knead for 2-3 min.
6. Store GOOEY GUNK in an airtight container or bag.
3.Bag of bird seed
Roll the pinecone in margarine and roll into seeds
We wrapped a piece of wool around the pinecone
before we rolled it in margarine so it is easy to hang
in a tree.
Tub Time Crayons
What You Will Need:
1 cup Ivory soap
1/4 cup warm water
4-6 drops food coloring
Plastic cookie cutters
1. Mix water,soap,and food coloring in a bowl.
2. When the mixture gets stiff remove from the bowl and
knead until it is the consistency of thick dough.
3. Spoon into plastic cookie cutters.
4. Put into the freezer for 10 minutes.
5. Pop the crayons out of the cookie cutters and allow
them to dry overnight or until hard.