Professor of Applied Economics at the at the Department of Economic Policy, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan. Visiting Fellow at iCRIOS (Bocconi University) and non resident scholar at the Collegio Carlo Alberto, Turin. My research interests are in the field of Economics of Innovation and extend to the economics of patents, university technology transfer, the new economics of science and, finally, technology and development. My teaching activity is on Industrial Economics, Economics of Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights. I have been consultant for the European Commission, and the World Intellectual Property Organization.
CV and Official webpage: http://docenti.unicatt.it/ita/fabio_montobbio/
Google scholar citations: http://scholar.google.it/citations?user=p8wzwy4AAAAJ&hl=it
Some full text publications can be found via:
Research gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Fabio_Montobbio/
1. Montobbio, F., Staccioli J., Virgillito ME, Vivarelli M. (2022) Robots and the origin of their labour-saving impact.Technological Forecasting and Social Change. v. 174 (Jan), 121122 (link)
2. Fontana M., Iori M., Montobbio F., Sinatra R. (2020); New and atypical combinations: An assessment of novelty and interdisciplinarity. Research Policy, Volume 49, Issue 7, September 2020, 104063. (link)
3. De Marco A, Caviggioli F., Montobbio F., Ughetto E. (2020); The licensing and selling of inventions by US universities Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Volume 159, October 2020, 120189 (link)
4. Lissoni F., Montobbio F., Zirulia L. (2020); Misallocation of Scientific Credit: the Role of Hierarchy and Preferences. An extension of Lissoni et al. (2013). Industrial and Corporate Change; August 2020 (link).
5. Cappelli R., Montobbio F. (2020); Geographical distance puzzle in patent citations: intensive versus extensive margins; Applied Economic Letters; 27(10), 771-777 (link)
6. Cappelli, R., Montobbio F., Morrison A., (2020) Unemployment resistance across EU regions: the role of technological and human capital. Journal of Evolutionary Economics, July 2020. (link)
7. Fontana, M., Montobbio, F., Racca, P. (2019); Topics and Geographical Diffusion of Knowledge in Top Economic Journals. Economic Inquiry, V. 57 (4), 1771-1797 (link)
8. Fassio, C., Montobbio, F., Venturini, A. (2019); Skilled migration and innovation in European industries. Research Policy. Volume 48(3), Pages 706-718. (link)
9. Cappelli R., Czarnitzky D., Doherr T., Montobbio F. (2019); Inventor Mobility and Productivity in Italian Regions. Regional Studies. 53:1, 43-54. (link)
Montobbio, F., Staccioli J., Virgillito ME, Vivarelli M. (2021); Labour-Saving Automation and Occupational Exposure: A Text-Similarity Measure. IZA Discussion Paper No. 14879. (link)