Montebello is located at the crest of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Nelson County, Virginia, 8.5 miles from US 11 to the west and 22 miles from US 29 to the east. The firehouse is at the intersection of VA 56 & VA 667. The address is 15 Fork Mountain Lane, Montebello, VA 24464.
Note: GPS systems frequently direct you to Campbells Mountain Road (VA 814). This is too dangerous for trailers. Please, follow the directions below.
VA 56 is a winding, narrow and steep two-lane road that runs both east and west of the firehouse. The best approach is to use the Blue Ridge Parkway which is more scenic and relatively flat.
Directions from the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Exit the Parkway at milepost 29 onto Route 813 (Whetstone Ridge Road)
- In .1 mile, turn left onto Route 603 (Irish Creek Road)
- In .2 mile, turn right onto VA 56 (Crabtree Falls Highway)
- In about 3 miles you will see the village of Montebello; turn left onto VA 667 (Fork Mountain Lane)
- The firehouse is located about .1 mile on the left
Directions from I-81
Directions from US 29