- Attend one science docent training session in October.
- Try to attend the district docent gatherings during the school year, at the district office.
- Contact your assigned teacher to discuss:
- monthly date and time
- class time limit
- the science information you plan to provide
- Contact your Science Docent Building Coordinator to discuss:
- science kit location
- check out procedures
- important meetings and other information
Assist with Science Docent-sponsored events at your school, as needed.
Teach one monthly class:
- Plan to present a short lesson on a specific science topic and a hands-on activity that reinforces the presentation.
- On the presentation day, arrive early to set up all materials that you need.
- Use discretion when bringing younger siblings with you on the presentation day. Some schools do not all siblings in the classroom. Check with your teacher.
- Dress appropriately.
- Be prepared, relax, and enjoy yourself.