*** Former name: Moacir P. Ponti Jr. ***
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
University of São Paulo - USP at São Carlos, Brazil
Main Research fields: Signal, Image and Video Processing; Pattern Recognition.
Present research interests: inverse problems, feature extraction, classification systems and anomaly detection.
Recent/highlighted papers [PDF/preprint]:
- Quantization as a dimensionality reduction procedure on color description (Neurocomputing 2016)
- Segmentation of low-cost remote sensing images (IEEE GRSL 2013)
- Tutorial paper on multiple classifier combination (SIBGRAPI Tutorials 2011)
* Academic visitor (2016) at the Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing, University of Surrey, UK.
* PhD (2008) and MSc(2004) degrees at the Computing Department of Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Brazil.
* PhD internship at Institute of Electronics and Telematics Engineering of Aveiro, University of Aveiro, Portugal.
E-mail contact form
Instituto de Ciências Matemáticas e de Computação
Universidade de São Paulo - Campus de São Carlos
P.O. Box 668
13566-590 São Carlos, SP, Brasil