ATTENTION!! Congresswoman Martha McSally's office has released the Veterans’ Resource Guide for Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District. It is full of information for Southern Arizona Veterans on topics such as: Accommodation for Disabled Veterans; Employment; Financial; and Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS). Click here to download the document or go to her website.
Habitat for Humanity is proud to announce its continued partnership with The Home Depot Foundation , and the development of the Repair Corps program for Veterans with a focus on supporting critical home repairs. Click here for more information. If you know of a veteran that needs critical home repairs, please send them this link or have them contact the person at the bottom of the document.
NOTICE: If you served in the Southwest Asia theater of operations on or after August 2, 1990, or in Afghanistan or Djibouti on or after September 11, 2001, please read the following two documents concerning Airborne Hazards and the Open Burn Pit Registry - DraftDODFactSheet, SignedImplementation.
Upcoming Job Fairs
RecruitMilitary and Disabled American Veterans are teaming up to host a Veterans Job Fair from 1100-1500 hours on February 16th at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, AZ. This is a free hiring event for veterans, transitioning military personnel, National Guard members, Reserve members and spouses. Come prepared with your resume and explore the numerous exhibitors that will be at this event. For more details veterans should contact recruitmilitary.com .
Arizona At Work-Southeastern Arizona announces an Interview Day: Lowe's event on Feb 6 at 10:00 AM at the Sierra Vista Job Center, 2600 E Wilcox, Sierra Vista. You MUST apply on-line at https://jobs.lowes.com and search for Sierra Vista, AZ openings and then call the SVJC at 520-458-9309 to schedule an interview. See their Facebook page Arizona at work-southeastern Arizona for more info.
Arizona At Work-Southeastern Arizona announces a Hiring Fair on Feb 13 from 9:00 AM 12:00 PM at the Sierra Vista Job Center, 2600 E Wilcox, Sierra Vista. Apply in advance at https://careers-stg.lclms.com. New Horizons will be there to discuss / assist with obtaining IT Certificates. Bring copies of your resume and dress to interview. See their Facebook page Arizona at work-southeastern Arizona for more info.
Arizona At Work-Southeastern Arizona announces a Hiring Fair on Feb 15 for Peter Pan Seafoods but I can't find anything on the Facebook page. See their Facebook page Arizona at work-southeastern Arizona for more info.
Arizona At Work-Southeastern Arizona announces a Job Fair on Feb 22 from 10:00 AM 1:00 PM at the Douglas Visitor Center Conference Room, 345 16th St, Douglas, AZ. for more information, please contact the City of Douglas HR Office at (520) 417-7326 or Arizona@Work at (520) 364-8906. Bring copies of your resume and dress to interview. See their Facebook page Arizona at work-southeastern Arizona for more info.
Previous Job Fairs
- June 8th, Sears Holdings, Sierra Vista from 11am-2pm
- June 9th, Caring Connections for Special Needs, Sierra Vista from 10 am - 2 pm
- Douglas Job Fair June 9th at the Mexican Consulate, Douglas from 10 AM - 1 PM. Employers can register by contacting Outreach Coordinator, Angelica at 520-236-2844 More information
- Federal Resume Class 14 June, 0830-1200 in the ACS Conference Room, Bldg 50010, Ft. Huachucua. Pre-registration is required, 520-533-2330.
- Employer Day: Charles Schwab, 21 June,1100-1400 at the TAP Offices, Bldg 22420, Ft. Huachuca. Register at 533-5764.
- A Veteran’s Employment Event is scheduled from 1300-1600 hours on June 27th and June 29th by Representative Ruben Gallego at Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. Interviews and hiring on the spot. Contact www.rubengallego.gov/employvetsfor specific location on campus and registration instructions or call 602-256-0551.
- Maricopa Community Job Fair, July 6 2016, 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, at 15406 N. Maricopa Road, Maricopa, AZ 85139
On August 11th, 2016, the Department of Labor Veterans Employment and Training, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) and the Veterans Economic Communities Initiative will host a unique and valuable event to assist the vast number of employers in the Valley of the Sun who are seeking to hire Veterans.
This event will host a morning workshop for Employers only at 9:00 - 11:30 from various industries who will receive valuable information related to the resources available to assist them in hiring local Veterans. The afternoon hiring event will provide a hiring fair from 12 noon to 2 PM for Veteran job seekers, Active Duty service members, Guard and Reserve members and eligible spouses at El Zariba Shrine in Phoenix, Arizona (552 N. 40th Street, Phoenix).
This veterans-only hiring event will be a one of a kind of FREE hiring fair. This hiring fair is being conducted in partnership with the Arizona Office for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) the Department of Labor and the Veterans Economic Communities Initiative. This event will be open only to employers who are committed to hiring our veterans and to veteran job seekers, military members, Guard and Reserve members, and eligible spouses.
- The Arizona Roadmap To Veteran Employment is holding a Military/Veteran Job Fair on September 22 from 0900 to 1600 at the Thunder Mountain Activity Center on Ft. Huachuca. You must register for this event by 22 August. Click here for more information.
- Chandler, AZ in partnership with Arizona@Work Maricopa County will host a free career fair from 0900-1200 hours Thursday, January 19th at the Chandler Community Center, 125 E. Commonwealth Ave. Local employers will be onsite to recruit new talent and promote available positions in a variety of industries including technology, financial services, hospitality, healthcare, retail and more. No registration is required for jobseekers and veterans are particularly encouraged to attend this job fair hosted by Chandler Mayor Jay Tibshraeny. Details are available at 480-782-3033.