- The website Accredited Schools Online has a section dedicated to Veterans and their family members with over 150 resources to overcome the challenges of higher education and career training. Check out the website http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/higher-education-for%20-military-veterans/ for more info.
- The US Army Reserve's Private Public Partnership (P3) provides many resources for Reserve, National Guard and Active Duty soldiers.Click on these two documents for more information: P3 Resources Sheet and P3 Overview Sheet.
- Military Officers Association of America
MOAA National website
- MOAA Transition Liaison Services
Frequently asked questions about MOAA's career services.
- Arizona Coalition for Military Families: The Arizona Coalition for Military Families is a public/private partnership focused on building Arizona’s statewide capacity to serve and support all service members, veterans and their families. The Coalition works to foster cross-sector collaboration between the military, government and community. Mil/Vet Employment Portal
- USAA Career Center
- April 2011 Training and Development Magazine, a publication of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) has an excellent article on pages 36-41 written by Emily King entitled From Boots to Briefcase: Conquering the 18-Month Churn that can be listened to this feature at www.astd.org/TD/TDpodcasts.htm. This article goes into excellent detail re: making the transition from military service to civilian employment that can be a harrowing journey for veterans. Learning teams are central to helping these new hires find success. Emily King is an expert on the transition from military service to civilian employment. She works extensively with organizations that hire and want to retain veterans, as well as the veterans directly. She is the author of the ASTD Infoline “Onboarding Veterans into the Civilian Workforce” and an audio course titled “Your Military Transition: published by King Street Associates; Emily@mymilitarytransition.com. E-Prints of this article can be accrued through astd.org/TD/eprints for more information.
- Questions About employment, ask the expert, Ann E. Zaslow-Rethaber, International Search Consultant at email@example.com. Some general advice: Keep positive attitude while seeking work, smile a lot, change your outlook if needed, find a purpose, work on team-building and hang with optimists.
- Military.com Veteran Employment Center. Find employers who are looking for your military experience on the Military.com Veteran Employment Center. It's the largest veteran job board in the world. Start Your Search Now.
- Military.com Skills Translator: Found that perfect position and now need help with getting your resume into plain English a civilian recruiter can read? Use the Military.com Skills Translator to translate your service into resume ready skills.
- Arizona Workforce Connection: This site is a powerful online job seeker/workforce services system, accessed as a web site on the Internet or an Intranet at a OneStop Center. It was specifically designed for job seekers, students, case managers, employers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking benefits and services. The system provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one web site. Surveys have proven that users find it convenient and very useful.
- A Winning Transition Learn how to successfully transition to your second career - and how to avoid the most common mistakes former service members make.
- Spouse Career Assistance Good news! Now spouses of MOAA members can take advantage of the full range of career transition services offered by Transition Liaison.
- Veterans Tickets: Give without prejudice FREE tickets to all Veterans, Active Duty Military and their families as a way of saying Thank You!
- Green Valley Chamber of Commerce (Green Valley, AZ) Green Valley, Arizona, is much more than a booming Arizona retirement community. With golf courses, shopping plazas, clubs, volunteer organizations, medical facilities, places of worship and recreation centers, Green Valley is a destination for retirees seeking an active lifestyle. The Green Valley ~ Sahuarita Chamber of Commerce office is located at 270 W. Continental Road. Here you can gather information about our community and chat with one of our knowledgeable embajadores (volunteers.) You may also reach us toll free at 1-800-858-5872.
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) provides expert support in streamlining site searches for businesses, connecting decision-makers who can expedite the process and leveraging knowledge assets that spur innovation. GPEC is comprised of 18 communities, Maricopa County and more than 140 private-sector companies, serving as the catalyst that strengthens the region’s economic base, ensuring it is both diversified and competitive.
- Maricopa Association of Governments The Maricopa Association of Governments membership currently consists of the 25 incorporated cities and towns within Maricopa County and the contiguous urbanized area, the Gila River Indian Community, the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community, Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation, Maricopa County, the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) and the Citizens Transportation Oversight Committee (CTOC).
- Together We Served - visit the website TogetherWeServed, a website for Veterans by Veterans.
A new eBook entitled Hacking the Job Search: How to escape the rat race of unread résumés and unanswered applications [Kindle Edition] by Graham Plaster walks you through a 5 step networking process of
1. Knowing your niche
2. Perfecting your pitch
3. Cultivating your contact list
4. Leveraging Weak Ties
5. Managing Multiple Opportunities
It is available from Amazon.com for about $4.00. Click here for more information.
Veterans that have been injured in civilian Maritime accidents can get assistance from maritimeinjuryguide.org. Click here for more information.
The American Corporate Partners (ACP) is a non-profit organization that assists veterans in their transition from the armed services to the civilian workforce. They took out a full page ad in the current issue of Time Magazine entitled “Help A Veteran During Your Morning Commute.” ACP offers free career guidance on their Q&A online business community, ACP AdvisorNet. They solicit other business leaders and veterans to join their community at www.acp-advisornet.org
For additional information see About Privacy Policies.