Belview School House Museum



     The school house was built in 1889. In 1897 a new Belview school house was built and this one was remodeled and used as a granary and farm residence. In 1978 the old school house was moved into Belview beside the depot museum. One year later the Beleview Preservation commission started tearing out the walls that had been put in by a private residence. Double desks, blackboards, maps, teacher's desks, globes, stoves, pictures, an organ, books and much more have been donated to the museum by abandoned school districts and private individuals. The school now represents an authentic replica of a one room rural school house from the 1800s.
    
Contact:
Site Address: Next to the Belview Depot Museum,County Rd. 7, Belview, MN 56214
Mailing Address: City of Belview, P.O. Box 159, Belview, MN 56214
Phone: Joanne Aamoth, 507-938-4335

Hours:
All historic buildings in Belview open by appointment.

Photo: Earl Leatherberry, http://www.flickr.com/photos/23711298@N07/