Louisburg Public School

Abandoned 1911 Schoolhouse Louisburg, MN
    The Louisburg Public School was built in 1911 to replace a small school building located in the town.  The completed building housed grade and high school classrooms for the town of 50 people, though it originally did not lie within the town borders.  Shortly after its construction a local effort to prohibit the sale of liquor in the city had the city's borders expanded to include the city and nearby saloon.  The saloon was moved to a cornfield south of Louisburg until the matter was resolved.  In the 1960's Lac Qui Parle County consolidated the rural schools in favor of busing as part of a statewide effort and the Louisburg Public School closed.  The building has since been abandoned and is deteriorating.

Address:
First Street and Third Avenue, Louisburg, MN 56254

This structure is abandoned and is not open to the public.
Image: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/34902411