Lac Qui Parle Mission

  
    One of the first churches and Schools in Minnesota, The Lac Qui Parle Mission is also known as the church where the Bible was first translated into Dakota. It was also the first church with a bell in Minnesota. Although it is not the original building, it was reconstructed by the WPA, in 1942. The site originated as a fur trading post established by Joseph Renville and was founded as a missionary in 1835.

Contact:
Mailing Address:  P.O. Box 303, Montevideo, MN 56265
Location: Lac qui Parle Mission, Montevideo, MN, 56265
    (Eight miles northwest of Montevideo on Chippewa County Hwy. 13, off U.S. Hwy. 59.)
Phone: (320) 269-7636
Email: lacquiparle@mnhs.org

Hours:
Opens the last Sunday in April through Labor Day Weekend. 
Daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
No admission required, free parking.