Old Main Village

    When the first Old Main Village was destroyed by fire, the Mankato Normal School (now Mankato State University) needed a new administration building, building the current structure in 1922.  Old Main served as the administration building until the mid 1970s, when the building was entirely abandoned.  When the university stopped holding classes in the building in the 1960s it fell into disuse, contributing to its abandonment.  After its abandonment, the Senior Development Corporation dedicated themselves to saving the building, converting it into an upscale retirement community.  It was purchased in the 1980s and is now listed on the National Register of Historic Sites.

Contact
Site Address: 301 S. Fifth St., Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: 507-388-4200
Fax: 507-388-5991

Tours by appointment only

Old Main Village Website


Image: http://www.citycentermankato.com/businessdirectoryalpha.php?name=Old%20Main%20Village&store_id=526&prev_cat=&prev_cat_id=0